Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Markdown not working after 2.8.16 update....

Hi

I've updated to 2.8.16 and made sure to also update the MarkItUp editor.

The h2 tag and a tag aren't working properly...

The screen shots below use the default text_block.html template and perch_content

<perch:content id="text" type="textarea" label="Text" markdown="true" editor="markitup" imagewidth="640" imageheight="480" />

and perch_content page function

perch_content('Demo');

I used the drop down menu create the headings Perch Screenshot

The h2 tag and a tags aren't rendering as HTML. Perch Screenshot

• Perch Runway is up to date (2.8.16)
  • PHP 5.6.10 is up to date
  • MySQL 5.5.42 is up to date
  • Image processing available
Stephen Meehan

Stephen Meehan 4 points

• 5 years ago

I've seen some problems several releases ago when there was an editor update in Perch. They were caused by the browser cache. Worth clearing that (or try another browser) to see if that fixes it?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Hmm, we made a change to Smartypants config for dashes - that could be conflicting here.

Does the hash syntax for h2 work ok for you? I think we should switch the editor to use that anyway. Not that it matters for existing content.

# Heading 1
## Heading 2
### Heading 3

Hi Drew

Yes the hash syntax works.

The link also doesn't output as HTML.

Looking forward to a fix soon :)

@Graham - Thanks for the suggestion.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It's all fixed, so we should have a new release out soon.

Hi Drew

Any chance the new release will be out this week? I'm due to hand over a website this week.

I can already picture my client's eyes glaze over when I try to explain the heading tag menu doesn't work.

"It's ok, you can manually type in hash tags! One hash tag for H1, two hash tags for H2 ... Helllo? Hello? (hangs phone up) Ha ha.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, it'll be out this week. I'm just waiting to see if anything else rears its head.

Sorry to jump in but I think the adding a link also seems to be broken. It's only being output like so;
[Test](https://www.bbc.co.uk “test”)

Abby Larsen

Abby Larsen 0 points
Registered Developer

What’s the best way to stay up-to-date on this fix? Not knowing about this bug in the updated MarkItUp editor, I just made a change to my client's content and the markdown links were no longer parsed on save. I’ve removed the links from the content for the time being, but will want to add them back in ASAP.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

The best way is to just download 2.8.17 and all should be well.