Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Image thumbnails do not show after re-upload.

I have noticed that if I upload and image to a Bucket (the Default or a custom) the image thumbnails shows. But, if I delete the image from Assets and then try to upload the same image again the Thumbnail does not show.

I have found that if I rename the file and re-upload the image, the thumbnail shows again.

What I would like to know is how to re-generate the thumbnails for those images that were re-uploaded (with the same name) after having deleted them. The reason for this is that I have images that I have deleted from Assets (for some reason or other) that I have re-uploaded and that I would rather not rename due to the dependency of the name in the code.

Thanks you for your help.

Henry Sanchez

Henry Sanchez 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That's interesting - sounds like it could be a bug where we're trying to reuse an existing thumbnail, but the thumbnail has gone. Sounds like not all the data is being cleared up when an asset is deleted.

Correct.. any fixes for now..? or updates in the works?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I've logged it to look into, but it's only been 3 days!

lol.. No worries. Looking forward to the updates when possible. Happy holidays :)

This is a problem for me as well. also when I delete an asset, it stays in my folders?

Seems this has been around for a long time, it is still present.

James B

James B 0 points

I've got this problem too. The thumbnails are actually in the resources folder, however they are not displaying. This was after deleting a number of images, then re-uploading them with the same filenames (the reason for doing so was to optimise the sizes a bit better).

James B

James B 0 points

Is there a way to bring the thumbnails back?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

James - if you have a problem we need you to create a new thread, including your Diagnostic Report and template. Do not post to a 6 months old thread as we may not even see your response.

It is most likely that you have a different issue but we can't help you without your information.

James B

James B 0 points

Hi Rachel - The issue is precisely as mentioned above, therefore I thought it would be relevant to post it in the same place as it seems the problem is still "open".

I uploaded a number of pictures to assets, and the thumbnails worked fine, but then deleted them to optimise offline, and re-uploaded, and the thumbnails don't appear in the control panel. They are however in the resources folder, they appear to be named correctly in the resources folder, and they display fine when accessing the resources folder via FTP.