Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, MailChimp

Mailchimp subscribers

Hello,

I have set up Mailchimp for a website using perch. I have 2 different forms, which display on the same page. Now I've got 2 problems:

1. Subscribers show up in the Mailchimp App in 'Lists', but not in 'Subscribers'.
  2. When I subscribe an email to LIST 1 and I want the same email to subscribe to LIST 2, debug tells me:
{"type":"https://developer.mailchimp.com/documentation/mailchimp/guides/error-glossary/","title":"Member Exists","status":400,"detail":"peter@peter.peter is already a list member. Use PUT to insert or update list members.","instance":"3ce3332e-0a44-48bb-bf4a-e7fe47e0dfa5"}

Even though the subscriber only shows up on LIST 1, so it can't already be a subscriber of LIST 2.

FORM 1/LIST 1:

<perch:form class="form-js" id="bijdrage" app="perch_mailchimp">
                                                <div class="form-input">
                                                    <i class="fa fa-user"></i>
                                                    <perch:input id="name" name="name" required="true" type="text" placeholder="Jouw Naam" mailer="FNAME" />
                                                </div>
                                                <div class="form-input">
                                                    <i class="fa fa-envelope"></i>
                                                    <perch:input id="email" required="true" type="email" placeholder="Email" mailer="email" />
                                                </div>
                                                <div class="form-group">
                                                  <perch:input type="select" options="Kies een optie,Voeg een goed onderbouwd argument toe,Voeg een feit (met cijfers) toe - inc. bronvermelding,Stel een artikel-correctie voor,Stel een onderwerp voor,Anders…" id="bijdrageselect" mailer="MMERGE2" />
                                                </div>
                                                <div class="form-input">
                                                    <i class="fa fa-comment"></i>
                                                    <perch:input type="textarea" id="message" name="message" required="true" placeholder="Bijdrage" mailer="MMERGE4" />
                                                </div>
                                                <perch:input class="button" type="submit" value="Verzenden" id="btnsubmit" />
                                                <perch:input type="hidden" value="1" id="confirm" mailer="confirm_subscribe" />
                                                <perch:input type="hidden" id="list" value="086449a03c" mailer="list" />

<perch:success>
                                                <p> Bedankt voor het inschrijven! </p>
                                                </perch:success>
                                            </perch:form>

FORM 2/LIST 2:

<perch:form class="newsletter_form row" id="nieuwsbrief" app="perch_mailchimp">   
                        <div class="col-xs-6 col-sm-10">
                            <perch:input id="email" class="widget_subscribe" placeholder="Uw e-mailadres" required="true" type="email" mailer="email" />
                        </div>
                        <div class="col-xs-6 col-sm-2">
                            <perch:input class="btn large black" type="submit" value="Ja, graag!" id="btnsubmit" />
                            <perch:input type="hidden" value="1" id="confirm" mailer="confirm_subscribe" />
                            <perch:input type="hidden" id="list" value="841b49085d" mailer="list" />
                        </div>

<perch:success>
                            <p> Bedankt voor het inschrijven! </p>
                            </perch:success>

</perch:form>
Mike Hendriks

Mike Hendriks 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If he's already on your lists I think you need to modify the subscription rather than create a new one.

Do you really want two lists? Usually it's best to keep one list and segment it with interests.

Hi Drew,

Both forms need to subscribe to different lists. Is this possible?

Mike

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I think you can only subscribe to one list at a time.

I'm not sure if you understand what I mean.

Here is a screenshot of a part of the website with two different forms. https://imgur.com/0rB0j87

Both forms have to subscribe a user to different lists.

But when I only subscribe with the first form to list ID '086449a03c', and then subscribe to the second form ID '841b49085d' it says that I am already subscribed to '841b49085d', even though I only show up in Mailchimp on list '086449a03c'.

Sorry if you did understand me and it's just not possible.

UPDATE:

When I fill in the first form, I subscribe to list 1, if I then subscribe to list 2, it says I'm already subscribed.

BUT

When I reload the page by myself after subscribing to list 1 and then subscribe to list 2, it works!

How can I fix this?

• It really has to be a hard refresh, when I refresh using F5 Google Chrome asks me if I want to submit the form again, I don't want that. I really have to hard refresh. -
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are you posting the first form to a page that includes the second? If so, put env-autofill="false" on your list ID field.

Yes! That fixed it!

Thank you very much Drew!