Forum

Thread tagged as: Showcase, Third-party

Forum Addon

I have started developing a Forum Add-on for Perch. It is very basic at the moment but is available for beta testing. I have a long roadmap list but it may be useful to someone - it is free to anyone with a Perch license. I am using it as it is on one of my Perch sites. More information can be found at https://yellowbeetle.co.uk/yb_forum.php

Paul Ellis

Paul Ellis 0 points

• 4 years ago

Paul, It would be nice if the files were downloadable without having to register on your website for such access.

Hi Robert, yes, I am reconsidering that. My first thought was that you need to log in to get Perch and its addons from grabaperch.com and that I should do the same. However, I'm not sure what I'm really achieving with the registration, especially at this beta stage.

I post all my perch addons to my github account. I've kinda been busy lately so not much perch action for me lately. I would love to try the beta of yours.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

It's generally useful to have details of people - as then if you have an update you can let people know. People who use Perch are used to registering for and paying for software.

We'd like to encourage folk to distribute add-ons in the way that works best for them, so if we do any kind of add-ons listing it would enable people to use Github or use their own system or just link to a zip.