Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Is it possible for a page be available in 2 locations?

The site we are working on is for a large church in which users will be editing/creating content (staged at https://test.firstunitarianottawa.ca/). The client group is wanting to create a site document review workflow, whereby the content of pages is reviewed before publishing. I've figured out a way to have newly created pages as children of a non-visible (to navigation) parent folder and then moved up to visible realm of site, upon approval. But, I'm stuck on how to deal with already existing pages that are going to be edited. Ideally, the site navigation would link to older page and another section of site will have a copy of the same page for editing/review workflow in the not-published section.

Is this possible?

ruth tait

ruth tait 0 points

• 2 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

With existing content, you'd typically create a new draft and then only publish it once the changes have been approved.

Hi Drew:

Thanks for your response.

the 'save as draft' solution won't work as the changes don't persist after log out. The review process needs to happen across time and via access of other users/reviewers. I welcome any ideas you may offer.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

the 'save as draft' solution won't work as the changes don't persist after log out.

Yes they do, or at least they should.

If you're not seeing that then you have an issue with your installation and you should post your steps to reproduce the issue and a diagnostic report.

Hi Drew:

I just reviewed the training video and I can see where my error lay.... I didn't understand that after clicking 'save as Draft' option that I also needed to 'save Changes' (which I thought only selected 'publish changes')... understandable, I think. But glad I discovered my mistake.

Thanks very much for your help. I feel much better.