Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Error

Error messages after upgrade 2.7.6 to 2.7.8.

I've just updated a local install of Perch 2.7.6 to 2.7.8.

I accepted the errors, and the local install appears to be ok. Is this anything to be concerned about? I have a back-up copy if I need to revert.

Software Update
  The following error occurred:
  RENAME TABLE `perch2_content_resources` TO `perch2_resource_log`
  SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1017 Can't find file: './local_ontrack_/perch2_content_resources.frm' (errno: 2)
  ALTER TABLE `perch2_resource_log` DROP PRIMARY KEY
  SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'local_ontrack_.perch2_resource_log' doesn't exist
  ALTER TABLE `perch2_resource_log` ADD `logID` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY          FIRST
  SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'local_ontrack_.perch2_resource_log' doesn't exist
  ALTER TABLE `perch2_resource_log` ADD `appID` CHAR(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'content' AFTER `logID`
  ALTER TABLE `perch2_resource_log` ADD `itemFK` CHAR(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'itemRowID' AFTER `appID`
  ALTER TABLE `perch2_resource_log` ADD INDEX `idx_fk` (`itemFK`, `itemRowID`)
   ALTER IGNORE TABLE `perch2_resource_log` ADD UNIQUE INDEX `idx_uni` (`appID`, `itemFK`, `itemRowID`, `resourceID`)
Stephen Meehan

Stephen Meehan 4 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No, nothing to worry about. Did you have debug turned on?

Just for info I've seen this once or twice too. Debug not on, but I think both times it was a new Perch install, set up and ready to go but without any content yet. I've since updated at least one of those installs again and didn't see such error messages. I can't reproduce it, but just ignored it as I wondered if it was connected with just being a brand new install being updated.

Ok thanks.

I can't remember if debug was on or not. Sorry.

I got this error, accepted it, now all site assets are gone. The files are there, they just don't show in the admin and all front-end image links are broken. I reinstalled the 2.7.8 update and they're still missing. I'm assuming the only option is to re-upload all assets through perch. This is the third site this has happened on.

@Jared Medley

I've just noticed the site I updated ( 2.7.6 to 2.7.8) is showing some missing assets - although not all of them.

I think my asset issue could be related to something else, as I've posted about used assets being deleted before.

Drew/Rachel are there any know issues you might be working on related to this?

What's strange about this is it only seems to be an issue with local websites. I update locally then transfer the update to the development server, the development site isn't experiencing the same asset deletion issues. Weird.

I'm running Perch locally through MAMP.

screenshot

• Perch: 2.7.8,
  • PHP: 5.5.14,
  • MySQL: 5.5.38, with PDO
  • Server OS:Darwin, apache2handler

Installed apps:

• content (2.7.8),
  • assets (2.7.8),
  • categories (2.7.8),
  • perch_blog (4.5.4),
  • perch_forms (1.8.2),
  • perch_twitter (3.5.1)

From what I can see, the resources are still in their appropriate folders, but I believe the database is changed with the upgrade that causes the links to to the assets to brake. Since I am not well versed with SQL, I simply removed all resources, cleared the resources database tables (just to save myself the time of deleting each broken asset one at a time through perch). I then just uploaded all assets to my site again. Took a few hours, but I'm glad it was my site and not one of my clients'.

@Jared

We must be an edge case otherwise the forums would be lit up with people experiencing the same issue.

Are you developing locally or are the sites you're having problems with live?

We moved seven sites from 2.7.6 (or 2.7.7) to 2.7.8 on 16 January. Five of these sites make quite a lot of use of Assets in the sites themselves and/or in blogs on them. I'm not aware of reports of any of anything missing and I just checked the sites' error logs too - just in case.

Is there anywhere I can get a download of 2.7.6?

I'd like to do a fresh install add a few assets, then upgrade to 2.7.8 - see if I can recreate it, although I don't think the assets being deleted issue (for me at least) is related solely to upgrading.

I'll screencast it, if it reproduces the issue I'll post it here.

Update.

The development website (the copy of the local version) is now experiencing the same issue.

It happens when I re-save any page. All the assets are removed.

Weird.

@Stephen and @Grant I agree, it seems like a rare issue, otherwise there would be more people talking about it. I am developing and updating on my live server. I have installed the Backup app, so I can create a backup of my database and perch files before updating. Always good to have a fallback. I appreciate all the feedback. I hope someday to have the option in Perch settings to update:) Thank you for all the great work from the Perch team as well!

A few more of us have had an issue with Assets being deleted: https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/01-20-2015-assets-being-deleted

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Does anyone who experienced this have a backup of their database before it happened? At the moment I have no way to troubleshoot this.

Unfortunately I didn't, but I will do so in the future, since it doesn't happen consistently. If I experience this again, is there something I can send you that will help? The backup of the db?

Hi Drew, yes I'll have a backup.

I'll send it to you direct.

Hi Drew,

I've emailed you (to: hello@grabaperch.com) a copy of my backup pre the assets being auto deleted and another of it after.

Hope that helps.

Rob

I experienced this as well, on a local (XAMPP / Windows) upgrade from 2.7.6 to 2.7.8. I can send the 2.7.6 db if needed.